The Taste of Barcelona Tour is an easy way to discover the city, the food, the local vibes and the contemporary trends.
We are Ioana and Andre, architect and chef, and together we devised an on and off the beaten track route in the city center. Our tour is about food and local gastronomy but equally focused on Design, Culture and Lifestyle as we pass by and point you out emblematic architecture, original designed places and modern trends based on a rich culture and history. During the tour we are revealing many of the icons and symbols of Barcelona, some of them hidden, some of them so evident that it’s very easy to miss them unless you book us.
We start our ride in the heart of the city, right on its most famous avenue – Paseo de Gracia. We’ll stop to have all kinds of tapas tastings: Mediterranean classics, Cocina de Mercado, and some Gourmet Bites originally coming from the Basque Country. Andre is so passionate about cooking that he always shares everything that he got about Spanish and local Catalan cuisine, by working for some prestigious restaurants and studying gastronomy at the Hofmann Culinary School Barcelona. Andre will tell you about fancy cuisine, about great food in general, and will point out and recommend you those places where you could really enjoy quality of gourmet.
We also have a different approach, a more personalized one: you’re free to choose what to taste (or not), based on what we recommend, means that you decide on how much to spend in every place we stop on the way. Still, we are totally sure that you simply could not resist the temptation to taste till the last bite of the best that Barcelona has to offer. That’s why we suggest as an average budget of 50-60 euros per person in order to enjoy the Tour and taste a bit of everything (cash is better/tips not included). Overall we invite you to take a generous bite of Barcelona’s city culture!
- We follow The Modernist Route of Eixample, revealing hidden symbols and eclectic styles
- We visit el Raval, where the Slums of the old Barcelona were centuries ago
- We stop to taste tapas and the most popular crafted beer of Barcelona directly from its own modern Micro Brewery Lab
- Boqueria Market follows in our route and it’s a must for having the best of Iberian Specialties!
- The Gothic Quarter, where we’ll tell you stories that go back until those times when the Romans founded the city
- We’ll stop on our way to good restaurants, art & souvenir stores and local crafts
- guided tour
- the map of the route with our extended recommendations (you’ll get it on your phone at the end of the tour)
What’s not included
- food and drinks are NOT included
41, Paseo de Gracia, right in front of Casa Amattler